Four Tangerine Recipes
2. Mix Seasoning B ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat the wok until smoking, add the oil and when very hot, deep fry the chicken pieces for 1 1/2 minutes, until golden. Drain chicken pieces, discard most of the oil.
4. Reheat the wok and stir-fry the chillies and crumpled tangerine peel until they darken. Add chicken pieces and stir.
5. Add Seasoning B and the
Thickening sauce and stir-fry until the seasoning
coats the chicken. Serve.
The following recipe for tangerine curd makes a delicious filling for cakes and tarts and can also be used as a spread for biscuits, scones or croissants.
cup tangerine juice
2. Beat the yolks in a bowl until liquid. Beat 1/4 of the boiling liquid into the yolks and return the remaining liquid to a boil over low heat.
3. Beat the yolk mixture into the boiling liquid and continue beating until it thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
3. Do not allow the curd to boil or it will scramble.
into a clean bowl, cover surface
with plastic wrap and chill.
1 head red
or green lettuce
olive oil or vegetable
1. Mix ingredients with wisk until sugar is dissolved.
1. Toss ingredients with 1/2 salad dressing. Save remaining half salad dressing for other uses.
(Grapefruit and avocado slices
can be used instead of mandarin
boneless pork loin roast,
rolled and tied
1. In a small bowl combine mustard, salt and pepper. Rub roast with mustard mixture. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast.
2. Roast pork in a 325 degree F. oven for 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 155-160 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, rinse tangerine or orange and remove peel, reserving peel. Section tangerine or orange and set aside. Remove white membrane from peel and cut about 2 tablespoons julienne strips.
4. In small saucepan combine julienne strips and 1 cup water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Drain.
5. In small saucepan combine tangerine or orange juice and honey. In small bowl combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoons water. Add to tangerine juice-honey mixture. Cook over medium heat till thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add butter and cooked peel; cook till butter melts, stirring constantly.
6. Slice roast and arrange on serving platter. Garnish with tangerine or orange sections and spoon sauce over.
Source: Hatfield Quality Meats
Copyright 2005 Seasonal Chef